We should be very, very careful. Dhāma, dhāma–aparādha. In the dhāma… In other places if you chant Hare Kṛṣṇa, the result of such chanting will be increased thousand times if you chant in Vṛndāvana. Similarly, in other place, the sinful activities, if you commit that sinful activity in Vṛndāvana, then it will be thousand times increased. So we have to be very careful.
―Śrīla Bhaktivedānta Svāmī Prabhupāda
Sādhakas desiring to attain bhakti should completely give up all offences such as nāma-aparādha, sevā-aparādha and dhāma-aparādha. Persons who come to the dhāma for darśana, parikramā and so forth should avoid committing offences to the holy abode (dhāma-aparādha).
Therefore, for their understanding, the ten kinds of offences are mentioned below:
(1) To disrespect śrī guru and sādhus who reveal the dhāma
(2) To consider the dhāma to be temporary
(3) To commit violence to the residents of the dhāma or to the devotees performing parikramā, and to give them material designations in respect to caste and creed
(4) To perform mundane activities pertaining to sense enjoyment while residing in the dhāma
(5) To earn money or to make a business on the pretext of serving the dhāma
(6) To think with one’s mundane intelligence that the dhāma is just another material place, or to consider it equal to other holy places; and to endeavour to measure the size of the dhāma
(7) To commit sins while living in the dhāma
(8) To consider Śrī Navadvīpa-dhāma and Śrī Vṛndāvana-dhāma to be different from each other
(9) To blaspheme the scriptures describing the glories of the dhāma
(10) To disbelieve [the narrations about] the glories of the dhāma and to consider them mere exaggeration and imaginary
―Śrīla Bhaktivedānta Nārāyaṇa Mahārāja (Śrī Navadvīpa-dhāma-māhātmya)